Facing Contested Aspects Of Your Divorce
Reaching a decision to divorce is difficult enough. Then, deciding how to divide assets is stressful for many couples – and seemingly impossible for others to accomplish without legal counsel.
You and your spouse likely have different ideas about the causes of your divorce and the necessary pathway to resolution. If you and your spouse have not been able to agree on how to divide assets or co-parent your children, you will want to work with a lawyer who is committed to safeguarding your priorities. At Junker Shotto LLC, our strong foundation of experience and trial-readiness can be beneficial to your case.
What Makes A Divorce Contested?
Your divorce may be contested if you do not agree on:
- Whether to divorce at all
- How you will reallocate ownership of your marital home
- How you will divide personal property, including valuable collectibles, vehicles and other assets of tangible or sentimental value
- How existing debts will be divided
- Which spouse will assume ownership of domestic animals that the two of you have shared
- How custody and parenting time should be structured for your minor children
- How retirement accounts and other complex assets will be distributed
- How a business that one or both of you operate or have an interest in will be accounted for
Whatever points of disagreement are keeping you from being able to say your divorce is uncontested, it is in your best interest to narrow down the essential points that pose the greatest obstacles. When you work with Junker Shotto LLC, you have our pledge that we will always have your well-being at the forefront. We will aim to help you resolve contested areas through:
- Settlement negotiation
- Litigation and a trial (the last resort)
Rest assured that when a family law attorney from the firm of Junker Shotto LLC, is on your side, we will keep communication channels open. With more than 35 years of combined experience, we are skilled at making recommendations most likely to accomplish each client’s unique goals.
Resolve Your Property Division Disputes Favorably And Efficiently
Some people getting ready to divorce need a quick and uncomplicated resolution as soon as possible. Others have good reasons to take a more aggressive approach. A tough approach may be necessary when the other spouse is hiding assets or has dissipated marital assets through gambling, addiction or infidelity.
At the law offices of Junker Shotto LLC, we customize our legal counsel to align with individual preferences and unique circumstances. To schedule a consultation with a lawyer, call 570-283-2775 or complete our simple online form.